The Chaine des Rotisseurs is a
gastronomic society that dates
back to 1248 at the royal court
of France. www.chaine.tw
Chaine Chef Special Pick of the Month-Steam-Baked Cod Fish basted in coffee sauce
By Scott Moses
Translated by Ann Lee
3, Lane 186, ZhongShan N Rd, Sec 6
Hours: 6-10:30 pm
MRT: ZhiShan Station
Credit cards accepted. 10% service charge.
Smoking section available.
Personalized Menu: English or Chinese
Chef: Peter Liang
For this month, we managed to meet with Hong Kong native Chef Peter Liang in one of his most luxurious restaurants, The White House. This establishment has a very special vibe and is a place where anything is possible. There are no menus, it is reservations-only, and they'll design a set menu according to your specifications. If you are looking for that extra-romantic touch, keep in mind that each guest here has their own private dining area. Chef Liang has chosen to use his wide range of skills to create the light fusion main course, Steam-Baked Cod Fish basted in coffee sauce. If you lack the will to make it yourself, stop by his restaurant and try it out for NT$1,800, as the main course in a hearty set meal.
Cod fish (large slice), tomato (1/4), Japanese yam (slice equal in size to tomato slice), thinly sliced Chinese onion (one spoon), olive oil (a splash), coffee sauce (1,000 grams per 2,000 grams of water), sugar (a pinch), and cream (one spoon).
1. Fry up your olive oil, tomato, Japanese yam and sugar. Then put them in the oven (150 degrees) for one hour.
2. At the same time, heat up your coffee sauce in a separate pot.
3. Set your oven to an extremely high flame, and fry each side of the fish for about one second to seal in its juices. Then put it into the oven (150 degrees) for seven minutes.
4. Fry up your tomato and Japanese yam again.
5. Arrange the ingredients accordingly, and add the desired amount of sauce. Enjoy!