By Diva Yang Translated by Ann Lee
Photos by Andy Lin
19, Lane 84, DaAn Rd, Sec 1
Hours: weekdays 7:30 pm-2:30 am; weekend 7:30 pm-3:30 am
Because he's won countless international cocktail mixing competitions, Aki is a well-known figure in Taiwan's cocktail industry. Aside from being the brand ambassador for selected reserve liquor brands, he's also the mixing consultant for Darts One. Come by Darts One on Wednesdays and Thursdays to taste Aki's award-winning cocktails.
1. Place 8 purple grapes (seedless), 1/5 red apple (chopped), and a few
pinches of cilantro in a tall glass or mixer.
2. Use a pestle to grind all ingredients together
3. After ingredients are ground, add 2 ounces of Hendrick (Scottish gin), 2
teaspoons of fresh lime juice, and 5cc of syrup
4. Cover and shake. Strain liquid into a martini glass.
5. Garnish rim with a grape and apple slices.
If you want to try a taste of real class, try Aki's drink "Fabulous" (NT$280). With only 20,000 bottles produced annually, Potocki Vodka is the most expensive vodka in the world. Aki's drink features Potocki and house Lake Flower. It's so refreshing that no Mojito could ever compare!